Promoting Good Government by Active Participation, and Political Education
Voting is your privilege and duty. Exercise it.
|QUALIFICATIONS FOR VOTING:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be at least 18 years of age on the day of the election.
- You must be a resident of the county.
- You must be registered to vote.
PERSONS NOT ENTITLED TO VOTE:
- Persons under 18 years of age.
- Persons who are mentally incompetent as determined by a final judgment in court.
- Persons while incarcerated, on parole, mandatory supervision, or probation as a result of a felony conviction.
- Persons who have been convicted of a felony and have not completed their sentence.
HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE:
- Complete a post-card application for voter registration and mail it, postage-free, or present it in person to the County Voter Registrar, Tax Assessor-Collector, or a Deputy Voter Registrar in your county.
- You may register to vote at any time, but your application must be received by the registrar of voters 30 days before an election in order to vote in that election.
- You may register to vote if you are at least 17 years and 10 months of age, but you may not vote until you are 18 years of age.
- You may register to vote at the Texas Department of Public Safety when renewing your drivers license.
HOW TO VOTE BY MAIL:
- Send a request for a ballot to the Early Voting Clerk by mail, common carrier, contract carrier, or by fax if the voter is absent from the county. The application must be in writing and signed by the applicant. It must have the name of the applicant, the address at which the applicant is registered to vote, the address to which the ballot is to be mailed, for which election application is being made, and the reason for early voting by mail (out of town during voting period, over 65, disabled, or sick).
Download a Voter Registration Application Form
Remember, you can avoid the rush of voting on November 2nd by voting early. Between October 18 and 29, you can vote early at the Fannin County Courthouse.
Need a ride? Contact us and we'll get you there.
Register to Vote
If you aren't already registered to vote or moved since you last registered, we can help.
|Go to the Courthouse in Bonham and register at the County Clerk's office, Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Prefer to call first? County Clerk, at (903)583-7488 or (903)583-7486.
If you want more information, from the official source? The Secretary of State's office provides very good information on voter registration.
Prefer to get the information in Spanish? Click Here!